It's holiday party season and it's time to prepare! If you're going to be hosting a get-together this year, your mind is probably already buzzing with all of the important details for making the event fabulous. However, there are a few little things that you might not realize are just as important as remembering to thaw that turkey! Don't forget to add these pesky little details to your checklist to keep your party running smoothly.
1. Stock the bathroom. You know what this means! Make sure your bathroom is stocked full of toilet paper so you don't leave any guests stranded! Plus, any special plumbing instructions if you happen to have antique plumbing. Also, make sure your guests have hand towels. Some folks don't have hand towels at the ready in day-to-day use, so remember that a special occasion requires them. There's nothing grosser than having to dry your hands on someone's bath towel.
2. Entertain those kiddos. Even if you assume your party will be adults only, rest assured that someone will bring their kids. Have paper and crayons ready, or a great kids' movie ready to play in the other room.
3. Have stain remover at the ready. I'm almost always the jerk that spills red wine at parties, so I've gotten used to this particular need quickly. Grab a bottle of Wine Away, Oxy Clean, CR2 Red Remover, or another red wine-strength cleaner just in case.
4. Empty your dishwasher (or sink, if you don't have a dishwasher) before guests arrive, and have all preparatory dishes already clean. This makes for easy loading and way less cleanup, so you can actually enjoy your guests!
5. Have a coat room, closet or coat rack ready. This is one I always forget because we live in a small condo. Our coat rack is usually already full with our own coats, so I've learned the hard way! Have an areas for placing coats, purses and umbrellas before guests come so you're not scrambling to make room.
Got any party detail tips of your own? Leave them for us in the comments!