Just as certain holiday music brings us back to childhood instantly- scents can be even more powerful. Whether it's cinnamon or the smell of a balsam branch- we rounded up a few easy ideas for your home...
• 1 Cinnamon Pine Cones have a similar effect to the Cinnamon broom but also make a nice display. We picked up a bag at Whole Foods for about $5.
• 2 Mrs. Meyers Iowa Pine cleaning products, diffusers, candles, and hand care sets. We have the countertop spray and the scent of a real tree really does linger after you've sprayed.
• 3 Fresh greenery. Even if you're not doing a real tree, you can still get that fresh tree scent with a few pieces of greenery in strategic places.
• 4 Cinnamon Broom from Trader Joe's. We found ourself strangely drawn to this and ended up buying it for about $3.99. It's still in the bag and our entryway smells quite a bit. The cashier at Trader Joe's also warned us to put it in a big room. Well, we like cinnamon so it should be OK.
• 6 Bake some cookies or brew your favorite holiday blend of coffee. We used to work in a coffee shop years ago and unbeknownst to the customers, the holiday blend was simply a mix of hazelnut and cinnamon beans so you can also give that a try.
Images: Greenery via A Fresh Christmas Tree. Cinnamon broom from Beewee Life Journal. Pine cones via Domestic Cents. Coffee image via Emma Christensen for the Kitchn.