The holiday shopping season is officially upon us! If you're shipping your gifts to friends and family, make sure you get your package sent out in time to make it under the tree by Christmas morning. We've compiled all the shipping options and dates for the USPS, UPS, and FedEx for your convenience. There's no explaining to little Billy why Santa missed his house this Christmas...
- 12/05: Last day to order supplies [from USPS] so they will arrive in time for the holidays
- 12/15: Last day to ship Parcel Post for Christmas arrival
- 12/17: Last day to ship to military for Christmas arrival
- 12/19: Last day for most international shipping for Christmas arrival
- 12/20: Last day to send First-Class Mail® for Christmas arrival
- 12/21: Last day to send Priority Mail® for Christmas arrival
- 12/22: Last day for most Express Mail® for Christmas arrival
On Dec. 24 and Dec. 31, FedEx Express will make deliveries only and will not offer on-call, regular or drop-box pickups. FedEx Express and FedEx Office counters will be open to accept packages during regular business hours. Packages tendered to FedEx Express or FedEx Office on Dec. 24 will be delivered on or after Dec. 28, depending on service selected, and packages tendered to FedEx Express or FedEx Office on Dec. 31 will be delivered on or after Jan. 4, 2012, depending on service selected. FedEx Freight will have normal pickup and delivery on Dec. 23. Packages picked up Dec. 23 will be delivered Dec. 28. Normal operations resume Dec. 2. When scheduling a FedEx Freight® shipment on or around a holiday contact your local freight service center at 1.866.393.4585 for the most up-to-date information.
- 12/14: FedEx SmartPost® (not a guaranteed service)
- 12/16: FedEx Ground
- 12/19: FedEx Home Delivery
- 12/20: FedEx Express Saver
- 12/21: FedEx 2Day, FedEx 2Day A.M.
- 12/22: FedEx Standard Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight, FedEx First Overnight
- 12/25: FedEx SameDay
United Postal Service (UPS)
Peak-season service guarantees: Commitment times for air and international shipments delivered within the United States will be extended by 90 minutes on the following days: Nov. 25, Dec. 19-24 and Dec. 31. UPS air and international shipments picked up or delivered in the United States are guaranteed throughout the holiday season.
The guarantee is suspended for UPS Ground and UPS Standard packages picked up or scheduled for delivery between Dec. 12 and Dec. 24. For further details, visit
ups.com for UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service.
- 12/22: Normal pickup and delivery service for air, international and ground packages. UPS Next Day Air packages picked up today will be delivered Friday, Dec. 23. UPS 2nd Day Air packages picked up today will be delivered Tuesday, Dec. 27 (except for those processed today and labeled for delivery on Saturday, Dec. 24).
- 12/23: Normal pickup and delivery service for air, international and ground packages. UPS Next Day Air packages picked up today will be delivered Tuesday, Dec. 27 (except those processed today and labeled for delivery on Saturday, Dec. 24). UPS 2nd Day Air packages picked up today will be delivered Wednesday, Dec. 28. Prearrange pickup today for air and international packages.
- 12/24: Delivery of UPS Worldwide Express, UPS Next Day Air and UPS 2nd Day Air packages processed and labeled for Saturday Delivery. Pickup service provided for air and international packages if prearranged by Friday, Dec. 23, or via UPS On-Call Pickup service.
- 12/25: No UPS pickup or delivery service. (UPS Express Critical service is available for urgent packages. Call 1-800-714-8779 or visit upsexpresscritical.com.)