Over the next few weeks, we'll be looking at new holiday home collections for those of you who are ready to start decorating soon! Always strong on traditional Scandinavian style, IKEA's collection this year is red, white, and blue. (Just in case you want to reuse decorations for the Fourth of July or your next election party?). The mix includes tabletop, lighting, textiles, small decorations, and gift wrap.
Overall, it's a simple, tasteful collection, with only one or two tacky standouts — I'd stay away from the Fejka artificial plants (IKEA's not great at faking greenery) and the Kavalkad frying pan (because who really wants a holiday-themed, Teflon-coated frying pan?).
My picks from the group? The mod red Blomster candlesticks ($14.99 for 3) and wiry Tradig candlesticks ($7.99) could easily work beyond the holiday season. For reusable gift boxes, I like the blue Snörik ($3.99) and red Tripp ($7.99/set) collections. The Nysnö dishes ($1.99 - $9.99) are a pretty take on Swedish country style, and the Snöa Flinga fabrics have a very cool interlocking star motif.
To see the full IKEA Holiday 2010 line, click here.
IKEA 2010 HOLIDAY DÉCOR
• Snövita gift bags, gift wrap, and ribbon, $0.99 - $4.99
• Snövita ornaments and garlands, $0.49 - $19.99
• Snövita, Glimma, Fenomen, Jubla, Tindra, and Förträfflig candles, $0.99 - $4.99
• Tradig and Blomster candlesticks, $6.99 - $19.99
• Snövita and Mörkt lanterns, $6.99 - $19.99
• Snövita plant pots, Kardemumma bowls, $2.99 - $5.99
• Nysnö dishes, $1.99 - $9.99
• Blanda serving bowls, $2.99 - $9.99
• Nysnö, Snöa, and Ordentlig table linens, $0.99 - $14.99
• Ditto and Dragon flatware sets, $14.99 - $39.99
• Nysnö, Hederlig, Godis, Slom, and Burken glassware, $1.99 - $6.99
• Snörik and Tripp tins, $3.99 - $7.99
• Snöa textiles, bedspreads, kitchen linens, cushions, and rugs, $2.99 - $49.99
• Snöa fabric, stockings, and bags, $1.99 - $5.99
• Gaser high-pile rugs, $199.99
• Kallt lightsticks, garland lights, candelabras, and decorations, $1.99 - $19.99
MORE HOLIDAY SNEAK PEEKS 2010
• West Elm: Holiday Collection by David Stark