Legend has it, that the tradition of hanging Christmas stockings began when Saint Nicholas, in his effort to help a family in need, looked for a safe place to deliver golden coins to the children of the household. He noticed the children's stockings that were hung on the fireplace for drying and placed the coins inside. Even if you're not one for holiday folklore, here are 10 cheerful stockings to warm your hearth.1. West Elm Grosgrain Stocking $15
2. Donna Wilson Hand Knitted Lambswool Stocking $40.
3. Lands' End Chunky Cable Knit Stocking $29.50
4. Modern Domestic DIY Stocking $45 for instructions
5. Finnish Weaver Hand Knitted Personalized Stocking $95
6. Oromono Dove Stocking $59.50
7. Garnet Hill Woolen Stocking $64
8. Crate & Barrel Fiona Stocking $19.96
9. Loop Loft Personalized Recycled Sweater Stocking $45
10. Sundance Short Knit Tree Stocking $45
See more holiday stockings here and check back tomorrow for homey-themed stocking stuffer ideas in the "Homey Stocking Stuffer Roundup!"
Images: as linked above