Here's one of the best before and after projects we've seen in recent memory in the home office department. LA resident, Holly goes by the online moniker of the Almost 40 Year Old Intern (she switched gears from the movie industry to interior design) and found herself in need of an office space. All she had was a closet space to work with, a situation we can empathize with. Check out how she converted the tiny room into something both functional and downright fashionable...
Impressive, right? There are plenty of tricks of the interior design trade revealed about this small space solution at Holly's blog, Almost 40 Year Old Intern:
- the glamorous silver vinyl applied onto the top of the her desk
- the hole drilled in an adjoining shelf unit to run her cables and cords through to reduce tech clutter
- the compact inspiration board for organization and visual texture
- use of matching storage boxes with graphical pattern
- the choice of a transparent CB2 stool and thin legged stool to keep the space's open fee
Not to mention all the eye-pleasing decorative choices like the overhead lighting piece, the vintage globe and a playful assortment of framed artwork. Bravo!
Photos: Almost 40 Year Old Intern