Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Nyc, NY
- Inspiration for my palette:
- I wanted a peaceful and beautiful sanctuary where I could retreat from the hustle bustle of city life. To me, that meant an airy, cloud-like palette of whites, grays, silvers, plus pretty indigos and blues. Keeping the room to this subtle color scheme feels serene and a bit feminine without being too saccharine. Touches of wood/brown in the fireplace, headboard and floor help to ground the ethereal space.
- Colors used in my room
- The room has restful, white brick walls but the double-height ceiling is painted a pale indigo blue. We used various greys for the dupioni silk curtains, duvet coverlet, and cowhide slipper chair by the fireplace. The artwork, pillows and accessories bring in shades of indigo, light blue, and light purple, along with lots of silver in the nightstands, side table and curtain hardware. Touches of clear glass offer a little sparkle from the lamps, pillow, and finials.
- Tips for using color successfully
- Choose colors that feel good to you and hire a professional interior decorator. Mine really helped me use the colors I liked in unexpected ways - like painting the ceiling light indigo, layering the custom bedding, and finding original artwork. By using a variety of materials, we were able to layer in a lot of different textures and hues while staying within a fairly tight color scheme.
See all entries