This week I'm making many of my final preparations for Thanksgiving. I'm finalizing the menu, shining all the silver, and choosing a seating arrangement. There is still one detail that has me flummoxed, however. Where will I set up the bar? I turned to some recent house tours to help me find inspiration on setting up a home bar.
- I love the colorful painting behind Christina's makeshift bar. The whimsical monkey painting is practically beckoning me to break open one of those bottles of Veuve Clicquot!
- A home bar doesn't need to be an elaborate set-up. I like the simplicity of a decanter with a few glasses sitting beside it, as seen in John's New York apartment.
- Steven's weathered bar cart looks completely at home in his apartment. Stocked with bottles on the bottom shelf and glassware on the top, it's a practical bar that is also very handsome.
- A tasteful little tray holding a couple of bottles and beautiful glassware is an inspiration I took away from Jan's loft.
- I love the look of a bar cart and this shiny little number from Caitlin's apartment is oh so lovely!
- I tend to like things behind closed doors so a bar cabinet – like the one seen in Ashley and Andy's home – would probably be more appropriate for my home.
- I love the sports equipment mounted above the Tyner's bar. Who says drinking's not a sport?
Images: As linked above.