The garden is a great space for DIY projects, since it's part of the home that's always in flux, in need of updates and refurbishing every few months. So for Home Hacks month, we thought we'd share some "garden hacks" from our archives. Pictured, from left to right:
• Annette's Modern DIY Outdoor Planter: This project, a succulent planter made from cinderblocks, couldn't be simpler or cheaper, and yet it looks so chic!
• Look! Front Garden with an Asian DIY Twist: Create a little hint of a Japanese mood in your garden with this easy DIY.
• Reader DIY: Futon Frame Turned Into a Garden Gate: AT reader Melodie created this super-modern garden gate with a found futon frame. Amazing!
• DIY Twig Garden Cages: Whip up these sweet and rustic cages for your vegetable garden in no time.
• Make Your Own Succulent Garden: These sweet and edgy succulent gardens will live indoors as well... perfect for conquering the endless-winter blues!
• DIY Modern Planter Bench: A great look (and an easy project) for those who want a contemporary outdoor space.
• Before and After: Maria's Garden Bench: An ingenious way to turn craigslist chairs into an outdoor bench.
• Flickr Find: Canned Garden: Gorgeous example of using repurposed containers in the garden.
• Gutter Garden: Growing Your Food in a Small Space: If all you've got is an alley, you can still grow all your veggies using a few rain gutters and some ingenuity.
• Simple, Modern Trellis Idea for the Garden: A stylish, practical way to train vegetables or vines.
Got any garden projects planned for the upcoming spring? Please share below!