The sun is just beginning to peek out from behind the clouds in Seattle, and whenever that happens I start to think of everything summer! Stripes always seem to come to mind when the warm weather hits, whether it be from memories of beach house decor or sea-worthy, nautical stripes.
These fresh, stripey inspirations may only require a quick DIY project or two to accent any room or provide a great pop of color in the home.
1. Clean, sunny dining room with bold white and turquoise stripes.
2. Crisp, striped sheets from West Elm. These would look great on a summer bed, next to a bright, open window.
3. Designer, Lisa Sherry, decorated this room in the home of Courtney Vincent for Lonny Magazine. The contrast between the traditional wing-back, parlor chair and the bright, modern stripes create a nice juxtaposition.
4. These candy-striped red and white curtains in John and Vivian Bencich of Square Feet Studio's home adds a subtle pop of color that provides balance to the bold, modern furniture.
5. This plank ceiling, hand-painted by Malene Waldron in her Columbia County, New York farmhouse, is a moderately simple DIY project for anyone with a planked or attic ceiling. Just choose a few colors, tape off, and voilà!
6. Do it yourself rug pillows from Martha Stewart: a simple project to dress up a summer sofa.
Images: 1. Photo by LivingEtc.com, 2. Sheets and photo by West Elm, 3. Image by Patrick Cline for Lonny Magazine, 4. Photo by Jeff Herr Photography via Design*Sponge, 5. Photo by William Waldron via Elle Decor, 6. Photo and DIY tutorial from Martha Stewart.