If happiness is an organized home office, then money can totally
buy happiness. And guess what? Happiness is a bargain! Just take a 15-minute trip to your local discount dollar store to snag some of these clever office organization solutions. Your office will get lighter without lifting any weight out of your wallet.Better Homes and Gardens
recently showed off a super-organized and space-saving closet office where the organization tools were mostly bought at the local dollar store. Here's a few great ideas you can steal for pennies (100 of them):
• Add stitching and grommets to a kitchen towel to create a hanging organizer for scissors and other tools of the trade.
• Use a paper-towel holder to store spools of ribbon or a roll of art paper.
• Hang a cooling rack on the wall and use it to organize note cards, or add s-hooks to hang scissors or tools.
• Small hanging metal flowerpots do a great job at stashing pens and markers on the wall.
• Door-mounted plate holders are used to hold folders for a space-saving file station or In/Out box.
• Use colorful luggage tags as labels for storage bins or drawers.
All of these work well in a closet office, like Jennifer's Creative Closet Home Office Tour (above), where space is a premium. But they're also great inspiration for anyone trying to organize a home office or bill-paying station on the cheap. If you have other ideas for making dollar store deals work for you, please share them in the comments!
Read More: Dollar-Store Closets on Better Homes and Gardens
MORE DOLLAR STORE IDEAS FROM APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Bang for a Buck: Dollar Store Tech Mods
• Blueprint File Cabinet Makeover: Dollar Store Crafts
• Dollar Store Decor: Plastic Animal Bookends
• DIY Kitchen Art from the Dollar Store