Better Homes and Gardens recently showed off a super-organized and space-saving closet office where the organization tools were mostly bought at the local dollar store. Here's a few great ideas you can steal for pennies (100 of them):
• Add stitching and grommets to a kitchen towel to create a hanging organizer for scissors and other tools of the trade.All of these work well in a closet office, like Jennifer's Creative Closet Home Office Tour (above), where space is a premium. But they're also great inspiration for anyone trying to organize a home office or bill-paying station on the cheap. If you have other ideas for making dollar store deals work for you, please share them in the comments! Read More: Dollar-Store Closets on Better Homes and Gardens MORE DOLLAR STORE IDEAS FROM APARTMENT THERAPY: • Bang for a Buck: Dollar Store Tech Mods • Blueprint File Cabinet Makeover: Dollar Store Crafts • Dollar Store Decor: Plastic Animal Bookends • DIY Kitchen Art from the Dollar Store (Images: BHG.com)
• Use a paper-towel holder to store spools of ribbon or a roll of art paper.
• Hang a cooling rack on the wall and use it to organize note cards, or add s-hooks to hang scissors or tools.
• Small hanging metal flowerpots do a great job at stashing pens and markers on the wall.
• Door-mounted plate holders are used to hold folders for a space-saving file station or In/Out box.
• Use colorful luggage tags as labels for storage bins or drawers.