• Add stitching and grommets to a kitchen towel to create a hanging organizer for scissors and other tools of the trade.
• Use a paper-towel holder to store spools of ribbon or a roll of art paper.
• Hang a cooling rack on the wall and use it to organize note cards, or add s-hooks to hang scissors or tools.
• Small hanging metal flowerpots do a great job at stashing pens and markers on the wall.
• Door-mounted plate holders are used to hold folders for a space-saving file station or In/Out box.
• Use colorful luggage tags as labels for storage bins or drawers.
All of these work well in a closet office, like Jennifer's Creative Closet Home Office Tour (above), where space is a premium. But they're also great inspiration for anyone trying to organize a home office or bill-paying station on the cheap. If you have other ideas for making dollar store deals work for you, please share them in the comments!
Read More: Dollar-Store Closets on Better Homes and Gardens
MORE DOLLAR STORE IDEAS FROM APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Bang for a Buck: Dollar Store Tech Mods
• Blueprint File Cabinet Makeover: Dollar Store Crafts
• Dollar Store Decor: Plastic Animal Bookends
• DIY Kitchen Art from the Dollar Store