We've been combing the internet for home-related predictions in the year 2010. What do some think the next 12 months will bring?
• 1 from Jeremy Gutsche, the founder of TrendHunter: "Rental Culture: The recession fueled a move towards temporary ownership, fake status and a world of bartering. Rentable luxury, clothing, baby toys and fine art are just a few examples." Image: Maxime Masters a Rental
• 2 Geek Sugar predicts that eBooks become more predominant in a move to streamline our bookshelves.
• 3 from Dwell senior editor Sarah Rich, via Inhabitat: "I’ve noticed an uptick in retail shops where you can buy things in bulk, bringing your own refillable container, so perhaps this will become a trend and we can do away with superfluous, disposable packaging." Image: Apt. 613
• 4 "Staying in is the new going out." according to The Independent's survey of 2010 predictions for the home. Image: 5 Things That Keep Us At Home
(Even When Our Friends Beg Us To Come Out)
• 5 Patricia Gray hooks us up with a few different takes on 2010's color trends.
What do you think 2010 has in store on the homefront?