Maker: Kristi Murphy
Skill Level: Easy
Time Required: Less than one hour
Project Cost: Roughly $5 per growler (beer not included)
Kristi came up with this idea for a groomsmen gift, but it works really, really well for the holidays as well, when all are eating, drinking, and making merry. Fill it with local beer, and it's a personal, affordable, and reusable present.
- Half Gallon Clear Glass Growler
- Etching Cream
- Adhesive Stencils (Kristi used these from Martha Stewart)
- Painters Tape
- Using the stencils and tape, create your pattern and spell out the giftee's name on the glass growler bottle.
- Per instructions, apply etching cream to the areas left exposed by the stencils.
- Let sit for 15 minutes. Then, rinse with water.
Thanks to Kristi Murphy for sharing her great idea for custom beer growlers. You can see more photos over on her own website....
All this month, Apartment Therapy is featuring homemade gift ideas made and submitted by you, the readers. Check back every day for a new project, or head over here to see all the DIY gift ideas from 2014 and years' past.