INTRODUCTORY TERMS AND RULES
WHO MAY ENTER
- These official contest rules (the "Rules") govern all aspects of the HomeMint Sponsored Giveaway (the "Contest").
- The Contest will consist of one drawing. At the drawing, 1 entrants will be chosen to receive the following prize (the "Prize"): (1) Matteo Montecito Washed Linen Bedding Set. Please note, as set forth in the Rules, that the Contest may be terminated before the final drawing is held. Apartment Therapy, LLC ("Apartment Therapy") is the sponsor of the Contest and is solely responsible for enforcing the Rules and for awarding all prizes.
- The Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York. Any claims arising out of the Contest may be brought only in a Federal or state court located in New York and New York law shall govern any dispute.
- If any provision of the Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
- The Contest is void where prohibited by law or where the conduct of the Contest requires registration or the presentment of any bond before any state or local regulatory authority.
- ENTRY IN THE CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE RULES.
- The Contest is open to any person who is at least 18 years of age, who is a legal resident of the United States and who has access to an active email account (an "Entrant"). An Entrant may not be an employee or agent of Apartment Therapy, HomeMint or BeachMint.
- Before being awarded the Prize, all winners must provide a written confirmation (to be delivered by email) that they satisfy the above qualification rules. Winners must submit this confirmation within five business days of being notified of the award of the Prize or the Prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be selected. This confirmation shall consist of an affidavit by which the winner attests to the authenticity of his/her winning entry, acknowledges the provisions stated herein, including compliance with the Rules and, without limitation of the foregoing, agrees to the indemnification provisions set forth in the Rules.
AWARD OF THE PRIZES
- The Contest will start at 12:01 a.m. est on June 21, 2012 and will end at 11:59 p.m. est on July 6, 2012 (the "Contest Period"). To enter, visit the Sponsored Giveaway and follow the instructions to enter. As set forth in the Rules, under certain circumstances Apartment Therapy may terminate the Contest prior to the end of the Contest Period.
- Entrants may manually enter the Contest only once during the Contest Period. Duplicate entries will be discarded. Entries which are generated automatically will be disqualified. Entrants may not win more than one Prize.
- No later than August 3, 2012, one entrant will be chosen at random from all entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. An email will be sent to the winners informing him/her of his/her prize. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and selection of an alternative winner.
- If a winner fails to provide the required certification of eligibility within the time period required under the Rules, then Apartment Therapy will select an alternate winner who must comply with the Rules to receive the Prize.
Each Prize will be awarded.
RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION AND PRIVACY
- The decision of Apartment Therapy as to the eligibility of Entrants and as to the awarding of the Prizes shall be final. Apartment Therapy is solely responsible for these decisions; HomeMint, in its capacity as the entity supplying the Prizes, shall have no responsibility or liability for these decisions whatsoever.
- There is no purchase which is required by Entrants to enter into the Contest. Purchasing of any goods, services or programs from Apartment Therapy or its advertisers will not improve an Entrant's chances of winning a Prize in any of the drawings which will comprise the Contest.
- Each winner will be solely responsible for all Federal, state and local taxes, registration fees, license fees and other costs associated with winning a Prize.
- Prizes will be sent to the winners at the addresses they provide. Prizes may not be assigned to third parties. Apartment Therapy is not responsible for delays in delivery of any Prize. The winner shall bear all risk of loss to the Prize after it has been processed for delivery. Apartment Therapy is not under any obligation to provide the winner with any other substitute Prize. Apartment Therapy reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value without notice.
- By attempting to participate in the Contest, each Entrant irrevocably and unconditionally releases Apartment Therapy, its advertisers and the company(ies) providing the Prizes, and Apartment Therapy's officers, directors, employees, representatives, affiliates, attorneys, successors, assigns and agents from and against any and all losses and any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, rights, claims and actions of any kind which Entrant may have or sustain in connection with the Contest.
- By accepting a Prize, each winner grants to Apartment Therapy the right to use his/her name, likeness, hometown and biographical information, for any lawful purpose, without further permission or compensation, except where prohibited by law. We are not intending to post anything about the winners other than first name, initial of last name and their state of residence.
- By entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in the Rules, or in the Contest itself, and agrees to be bound by the Rules and by all decisions of Apartment Therapy, which decisions will be binding and final in all respects.
- Neither Apartment Therapy nor the company(ies) providing the Prizes shall be responsible for entries that are late, destroyed, incomplete, lost, misdirected, forged, damaged, mutilated, tampered with or that are otherwise not in compliance with the Rules.
- If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, Apartment Therapy, in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Contest or any portion(s) thereof.
- Apartment Therapy may modify or suspend all or any portion of the Rules by posting a notice on the Apartment Therapy website.
- Any delay or failure by Apartment Therapy to seek enforcement of any term of the Rules shall not constitute a waiver of any such provision of the Rules.
- All applicable Federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations shall apply to the Contest.
- For results of the Contest and/or a copy of these Official Rules, please send a hand-printed, self-addressed and stamped envelope to Apartment Therapy, LLC, 270 Lafayette Street, Suite 1204, New York, New York 10012, Attn.: HomeMint Giveaway. Requests must be received no later than ten business days following the last day of the Contest Period.