In it's two dimensional form the hexagon can be used to create lovely patterns in fabric, tile and more. Taking this shape a step further, to it's three dimensional form, adds an element of sculpture to everyday items that's both eye catching and unique.Once you start looking for it, you'll notice hexagons popping up all over the place. Here are a few products for the home, inspired by the honeycomb pattern.
1. The Honeycomb Modern Wall Clock from Etsy is the ultimate functional art for your walls.
2. The hex mirror wall art in this living room, composed of geometric shapes in an organic configuration, creates a delicate balance of form and shape. Image via La Maison D' anna G.
3. The Etch Shade Pendant by Tom Dixon gives off a soft filtered glow from within it's structured shape.
4. The Ikat Orange Pink fabric from Lewis and Sharon Textiles has the potential to make a real statement upholstered on throw pillows or a love seat.
5. The patchwork quilt made by Abigail Anne Newbold is comprised of repurposed pieces of fabric. Image via Design Sponge.
6. At 20" in diameter, the Geodesic Terrarium from Restoration Hardware is a sculptural work of art.
7. The Hive Vases from West Elm will catch your eye with their vibrant colors and faceted faces.
8. Kelly Lamb's Geo Planter Collection is inspired by the geodesic dome structures of 1960's architecture.
9. The Hexagon Floating Shelves from Etsy function as display boxes for artistically storing knick-knacks.
10. The Copper Hex Bowls by Tom Dixon are finished with a hammered hex pattern that catches the light.
(Images: As credited above.)