For those of you who love the idea of having a drink dispenser for entertaining but don't want to store it between parties, this DIY's for you! Great for summer parties, this drink dispenser and beverage in one is easy and compostable. See the how-to after you vote!
From Mod Mischief on Instructables, here are the directions on creating your own watermelon drink dispenser:
From the hardware store:
- Hose Bibb, Quarter Turn (that's the tap)
- Faucet Lock Nuts (those black circles)
- Brass Pipe Nipple 1/2" (the piece with threads on both ends)
- Coupling 1/2" (what looks like a hex nut)
- Drill bit (optional)
- Cut a small hole in the top of the melon large enough to accommodate an ice cream scoop and your hand.
- Remove all the yummy insides and place in a blender.
- Drill a hole in the bottom/side of the watermelon large enough to accommodate the brass pipe nipples.
- Attach your hardware (hose bibb on the outside, coupling on the inside).
- Blend the watermelon "meat" with whatever else and fill your new dispenser.
Visit Instructables to see complete details.
Originally via Mod Mischief