While we didn't get homemade Space Invader cookies for Valentine's, we did have a splendid day going to see a matinee of the new Friday the 13th and then comparing it to the original later that night. The original simply proved you don't need a bunch of expensive f/x and fancy edits to make a movie scary. All you need is a first person view of a poor, defenseless counselor screaming for her life. That said, the new movie is pretty damn scary as well. Definitely a good date night flick to get your closer to your main squeeze.
For those not quite ready to pull the old popcorn trick at the theater, maybe one of our week's top posts will get your creative juices flowing. We know the colorful post-it notes slinkies made us wonder what other office doodads could become fun experiments...
- Look!: Space Invader Cookies
- How To: Double Your Internet Browsing Speed on Firefox
- The Case of The Dying Roomba
- Look! Eepybird's Sticky Note Experiment
- Keep It Cartesian: Industrial Switchplates with a Twist
- How To: Hide a Home Office in a Closet
- Tech Tour: Beamer Wilkins' Workspace Obsession
- Solar Blinds: Stores Power By Day, Shines By Night
- Tech Tour: David's Tribute to Apple, Ergotron and Screenrecycler
- Close-Up: Katy's Tidy Brooklyn Home Office