These days, multiple cables are a necessary evil. They are unsightly, bulky messes that make it hard to clean around. Say goodbye to all of that with this hot tip. Turn any cardboard box with a lid into your instant cable organizer. It's an easy way to reuse something you already have. Read more for the full details.
Why you want to do this project:
- It hides all bulky cables and keeps the area clean, minimizing dust bunnies.
- The top serves as a charging station for gadgets.
- The project is extremely affordable and works with any color and design theme.
- Use any cardboard box with a lid for this project. Media size works best, so choose a box intended for DVDs, CDs or photos.
- Required materials are minimal: cardboard box and scissors.
- The cost of this project: low!
How to do this quick and easy project:
- Note: We're using a product by Blue Lounge as the model and inspiration for this project. Please refer to the photos above for the Blue Lounge Cablebox Mini.
- To make this project, use a media-sized cardboard box (for DVDs, CDs or photos). We used Ikea's Kassett media box (Photo #2). $4.99/2 pack. You could also use a shoebox or any other cardboard box you may have.
- Using scissors, cut a 1-1.5 inch vertical slit down the middle of your box.
- Start cutting from the top, and stop an inch from the bottom.