The House Beautiful archives hold a wealth of information and images from the past 114 years (though images weren't a part of the first issues)! Included are the hot interiors from the style makers of the 1960s — made more popular with the critical style success of AMC's Mad Men. In an homage to the show and the start of their 4th season, House Beautiful pulls some of the best 60s interiors from their vault…
• 1 A small jewel-toned bedroom with a Japanese influence featured in November 1960.
• 2 A living room featured in the October 1960. Like the sofa? Try Room & Board's Clarke sectional and sofas for a similar look.
• 3 A colorful living arrangement featured in October 1961.
• 4 A large kitchen with an ahead-of-its-time island featured in October 1961.
• 5 A laminate wonder! An orange kitchen featured in February 1962.
For more Mad Men era real homes see House Beautiful | Mad Men Style: The Best of the 1960s from House Beautiful.
Images: House Beautiful 1: Ezra Stoller; 2: Hans Van Ness; 3: Howland Associates; 4: Emelie Danielson Nicholson; 5: Howland Associates