You never forget your first time, especially in a new home. On our minds lately are all the first-time things you get to do when you've finally (finally) arrived in a new space. Want to hear some of our favorites?
- The first time you use your shiny new key to click the lock and push the door open.
- Waking up in your new bedroom and seeing the way the streaming sun creates interesting shadows, totally unique to that room.
- Sitting down to coffee or tea early in the morning and taking a mental inventory. The possibilities of a new space always feel exciting.
- The first time you discover a cool, hidden cabinet or funny, charming house quirk.
- Finding the perfect spot to place your favorite, familiar piece of furniture or most-loved painting in your new pad.
- Sinking into a bath and appreciating your new bathroom's great light, vintage fixtures or beautiful tile.
- Noticing that something that was a problem for you in your old place, is easy and simple now.
- Walking out your door to discover something amazing in your new neighborhood.
Those are some of ours. So tell us, what are your favorite moments during the few days in a new home?