Yessir, H&H swung back into action yesterday with a mouthwatering issue (at least for us) filled with a lot of great resources. Here's the run down. And don't just go by what we think, put in your own opinion. TOP STORIES
- Mortgage-in-Laws: Penelope Green (stolen away from the Real Estate section) hits the bullseye with this detailed story about how two brothers and their wives put their money together, bought a townhouse in Brooklyn and kitted it out beautifully. Very lucky one is president of BDDW. Very nice slideshow.
- A Man for All Details: Leland D. Stone has found a BIG niche taking care of all the complicated house and home problems that dog the wealthy. This guy is a trip and has a fascinating knowledge of the arcane along with a super-detail oriented approach to problem solving. Check out his website at Stonestandard.com.
- Eleven old warehouses and counting houses in the South Street Seaport are being turned into remarkable rental apartments and shops
- Hungarian artist Agnes Eperjesi has designed these tiles from packaging iconography. You can find her at www.eperjesi.hu
- Sills Huniford's 2,500-square-foot Dwellings Vintage Warehouse has opened to retail customers in Harlem.
- The Todd Oldham for La-Z-Boy shop opens today in SoHo
- The restaurant Colors just opened with a $1.5 million vintage interior by Jim Walrod