Better late than never. A reader recently asked why we take all the time to blog H&H and we had to say that - as much as it is a bear to blog - we think of it as such a valuable resource that we don't want to lose the links into the ether. Often, when we search for something on the site, the info is in H&H Roundup. Also, not EVERYONE gets a chance to read the paper edition, so we think of this as a nicely edited version for all of you far from NYC. We hope most folks agree.
- For the 'Orchid' Lady, a Design Hothouse: A beautiful house, far from NYC, by James Cutler, one of Bill Gates's architects.
- Double Nesters: Interesting article that focuses on how many people now really maintain two homes at once. This strikes us as great news for the furniture business.
- Q. I'd like to replace the ugly light fixtures in my bathroom. Is there anything I need to know? ST answers this and gives a thumbs up to full-spectrum bulbs.
- Smarter Homes - Battening Down and Wising Up: At the Int'l Builders Show BM gives us the lowdown on a host of new luxurious appliances soon to be seen at your rich friend's house.
- Stained Glass in an Instant - Plastic Panel Mimics Look of Bygone Era: Decorative window panels look like stained glass by The Pella Corporation.
- Personal Shopper - Rug Roundup: MR finds some beautiful rugs (mainly from the Rug Company) and tries hard to keep the prices down.
- Lulu de Kwiatkowski's new Tatoo leather pillows for Elite.