6 "show" apartments at Meier's 165 Charles Street are about to open for a looksee. Jill's already booked to go. More pics and a report on Monday the 13th.
On the surface H&H may be all about the Oscars this week, but underneath there's some great furniture and design going on. There's also intrigue going on as H&H editor Mike Cannell just announced his departure for REAL simple magazine. That means the section is in for a shakeup - WHO WILL TAKE OVER? - as REAL simple continues to attract so much talent that it may soon be the only magazine around.
But let's get to the important stuff, on with the roundup...
- If You've Got It, Do You Flaunt It?: You've got to hand it to Carrie Fisher, she's a good writer. This piece on where Oscar statues end up in winner's homes is pure page turning pulp.
- Personal Shopper: In one of the best PS's, Marianne Rohrlich highlights a gaggle of side chairs that sparkle.
- Making Winter Bloom: Anne Raver is bamboozled by 10 acres of summer taking place at the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society's 177th Philadelphia Flower Show.
- A Little SoHo, a Little St.-Tropez, All Welcoming: Brad Zipper opens the doors to his new house in Little Italy. It is a party-boy dream house done up on the highest level.
- Q. I would like to use a wall unit as a room divider. How can I improve the look of its unfinished back?
Q. I'm planning to paint my apartment this spring. Any new products I should know about?
- Please Don't Touch the Celebrities: The origin and the history of LA's Star Maps.
- Samuel Moyer's Hello Collection - all made with reclaimed wood
- The new home collection from Sieger Design of Germany
- The Pirouette mirror has rotating panels with an etched and a smooth side
- New mod stencils for graphic use from Brooklyn's Stencil1
- Introducing theshadestore.com, a new window treatment resource