We hate to be a product whore, but that's what's best in H&H this week.
So let's cut right to Marianne's great outdoor light roundup and then go to Currents...
- Personal Shopper - Outdoor lights: Some are actually flame lights, but most are now LED and battery operated. These ones above are from West Elm
- The 1940 Organic chair, above, by Charles Eames and Eero Saarinen is back at Vitra
- Swiffer Sweep + Vac is out!
- SplashDance by Chris Brunt makes your fountains dance and change colors depending on your music!
- Solo Set - Really nice folding tableware for travelling by Jay Cousins
- Home Alone Together: Hola! a new demographic category "living apart together," or L.A.T., relationship, where older folks just...date.
- A Shrine to Southern Literature, Slightly Frayed: Eudora Welty's home is reopened, and it's really a home. Nice.
- Mr. Punctual and Ms. Tardy, Buying Time: Clock shopping around NYC with Shuler Hensley, the actor.
- Plantings for a Home Nestled in the Forest: Anne Raver visits the gardens of C. Colston Burrell and Bruce Ellsworth in Virginia.
- Q. Any suggestions for replacing my worn-out concrete driveway?
Q. The big bright lights in my recessed ceiling fixtures hurt my eyes. Is there a quick fix?
We love the green driveway, but we probably will never need a real driveway in our entire life.