H & H is smaller than ever this week, and we guess that advertisers feel everyone is out of town. They are right, but that doesn't mean we don't read our H & H wherever we are.
Brooklyn Bargain? First, Check the Cellar: Awesome story of David Petersen's purchase and renovation of row house in Brooklyn.
- The Bulb Hunter: Interesting story about Chris Wiesinger, who - at 25 - is a young entrepeneur who specializes in finding, propagating and selling American heirloom bulbs in Texas. His company: Southern Bulb.
- At Home With Donald Hall - For a Poet, the Farmhouse as Muse: Our nation's poet laureate lives the old fashioned way...simply.
- A Kitchen Garden Arranged by an Artist's Eye: Anne Raver summers in the Hamptons and we happily tag along.....
- Personal Shopper: Outdoor stool roundup in which we like the ones above from DDC best...
- Pelícano Inc. (furniture) just opened in the Starrett-Lehigh Building on West 26th Street with space designed by Enrique Norten
- The Clearinghouse in Southhampton is a great source for high end second hand furniture
- The Modern Dog is HOT dog shop in LA
- "The World of Ornament" (Taschen, $200) is coming out next month - a definitive compilation of two 19th century books on historical ornament