People, people, people. That seems to to be one of the new themes that shapes H&H...that and getting out of NYC.
The Russians to the left, Mira Apraxine and Nikolai Druzin, are part of the new interior design craze in Moscow, having just redone their apartment with fab finds from NYC (of all places). This is the top story this week.
- For Russian Style, an Extreme Makeover: It may not be design you want to copy, but BOY is there a lot of money going into Russian interiors right now. This is a great inside peek at this new rush for a hip home in the former Soviet Union.
- In Santa Fe, an Architectural Battle Goes Casa a Casa: It's hard to know who's right in this local spat between an architect and the city planning board, but we like Trey Jordan's house.
- Redefining American Beauty, by the Yard: It's a longshot, but with Edible Estates, the American Lawn is under seige by those who would prefer to plant vegetables and grasses that are easier to maintain and better for the earth. Fritz Haeg is this week's poster boy.
- Q. Who (or what) decides what colors are in style for interiors?: Great question, pretty good answer...(the historical stuff is best)
- Personal Shopper - Wing Chairs!: Rohring back with funky wing chairs, this is a good little roundup of a new shape sensation.