When will People magazine come out with a house & home edition? The Times is already paving the way, as last week's H&H captured a wide range of colorful personalities and the environments that make them tick. We liked it.
The Bouroullec's new fabric tiles shine at a restaurant they've created in IM Pei's renovation of the Grand Duke Jean Museum of Modern Art in Luxembourg. Link below.
- Julian Schnabel, Reluctant Decorator: Schnabel finishes his work for pal Ian Schrager at the Gramercy Hotel. We like Schnabel's sensibility, but we leave you to decide what you think of his interior design sense.
- Twenty Years Later, the Walls Still Talk: Alison Bechdel returns to the Victorian house in PA that inspired her book, "Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic."
- Born 150 Years Too Late: John A. Coffer lives as simply as Thoreau (in a 12'x12' cabin) in Dundee, NY, but he can't get a date.
- Personal Shopper: Patterned Rugs are Back!
- "I have family albums full of pictures no one ever sees. What's a good way to show them off that doesn't involve buying hundreds of frames?"
- Dream Large, Then Weed Carefully: Anne Raver provides tips on purchasing bulbs for fall planting.
- Daniel Friedlander, who owns Limn in SF, introduces his own prefab Finnish log cabins for sale
- L.A. Design Concepts is offering customers access to to-the-trade products at a good price.
- Milli Home and Alpha Workshops have a new line of pillows.
- Simple Solution is a new stain remover that takes care of wine, berries and blood.
- Erwan and Ronan Bouroullec are at it again! This time they've created a restaurant for the Grand Duke Jean Museum of Modern Art with the pavillion above.