This week H&H is pulled East by the irresistable magnetism of the Hamptons, NYC's summer playground. The writers all seem to be happily camped out on the East End hunting up stories that they can then comfortably email into their boss. We won't argue with this logic as we are currently blogging at a friend's house in Montauk after having been in the surf at 6:30am. It feels like playing hookey, but when else but in August are you going to do it? Top Stories
It's dorm room decor time! MR gives us a roundup of what's hot with the kids
- On Long Island, Tiny Pieces of Paradise: We *heart* small. This time the bug is in the Hamptons and the buzz is all about how small some folks beach homes are (but not all the prices).
- The New Old House:PGreen rips into those yups with a lot of cash who want to buy an "old" looking house that has absolutely nothing out of place inside. This is the opposite of the plastic surgery market, no?
- A Journey of Reclamation Reaches a Peak in Spain: Check out interior design entrepeneurship in Spain. Debra Berger renovates houses in Spain and then sells them for a fine living.
- Help! Mosquitoes are Sending My Weekend Guests Fleeing Back to Manhattan: Mosquito netting and West Nile Virus tips from Mitchell Owens...
- Alessi opens a new shop in SoHo designed by Hani Rashid and Lise Anne Couture of Asymphote