Gearing up for ICFF 2007. The majority of this week's coverage is devoted to contemporary design stores and the influence of Moss. We found this statement from Murray Moss quite telling: For the moment, Mr. Moss doesn't appear very concerned about competitors, perhaps because he hasn't heard of many of them. He wasn't familiar with the Future Perfect, though he said that might be because he is "personally horrible with names." Hmmm.
- Aspiring to the Throne looks at the growing number of contemporary design shops in the country. The story features Smallest Coolest Judge and Matter proprietor, Jamie Gray (who is opening a Manhattan Matter next week!)
- Design Store Slideshow. (pictured above is L.A.'s Twentieth.
- Design Store Timeline Slideshow. San Francisco's Friend (above) opened in 2003.
- At Home With Charlie White: Order and Chaos in a Single Heartbeat. The contemporary photographer Charlie White.
- In the garden: It Takes a Hammer to Grow This Salad. Building a portable salad box to grow plants with shallow roots in a small yard or balcony.
- Room to Improve: How can I create a feeling of old-world luxury in my bathroom?
- Personal Shopper: Slipper Chairs.
(Photographs by Donna Alberico, Fred R. Conrad, Terrence McCarthy, Stephanie Diani, Peter DaSilva, Joshua White, Matt Roth, Grey Crawford. )