Do you have acoustical privacy? Just don't blame your neighbor's chickens! This week's stories also include a great roundup of products from last week's Kitchen and Bath Industry Show...
- The Dream of Absolute Quiet. This "Quest for Quiet" is lucrative! We like city noise — it's part of living in the city! When the story moves from city apartment dwellers attempting to drown out traffic, to McMansion dwellers trying to drown out the sound of their hometheaters, kickboxing studios, Ping-Pong rooms, model train rooms, shooting galleries, fencing rooms and bowling alleys we're weary. What do these people expect when their entire home is a city? There is an informative graphic explaining soundproofing techniques. What do you do to dampen the noise?
- Kitchen and Bath Forecast: High, Low and in Between. A look at the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show, held last week in Las Vegas. Most notable is the powerful Chinese presence (nearly 50 percent more Chinese companies this year) which means more products to choose from with lower price points. In addition to the many photos contained within the article, don't miss the extensive slide show of new products.
- In the Garden: Danger: Plant Sales Ahead. Can you resist a Nicotiana sylvestris?
- All Cooped Up in a Manhattan Co-op. Living with chickens. A fun read.
- Room to Improve: How can I minimize the risk of lead poisoning from old painted furniture?
- Personal Shopper: Outdoor Lighting.