Street Treasures. We've all pulled something from the trash/street in New York. This week's section focuses on the Freegan movement of scavenging and anti-consumerism. Green and gritty: Not Buying It. (and no, they're not all 23).
- At Home With Susanna Moore: Dark Work in a Sunny Spot. The novelist's one-bedroom in Fort Greene, Brooklyn.
- In the Garden: Northwest Ingenuity, Many Ways. The gardens of Whidbey Island in Puget Sound.
- Close to Home: Out of a Packing Box, Not Stuff, but Souls. An excellent personal account on dealing with clutter/memories.
- Room to Improve: What is the most economical way to wallpaper a room?
- Personal Shopper: Lounging. Floor-cushions, poufs, bean-bags, etc.
(Photograph by Joe Fornabaio, Fred R. Conrad, Stuart Isett, Horst P. Horst / Art + Commerce)