What's going on? Hummer sized refrigerators, slavery's roots and children using PowerPoint to write up their Christmas lists? Ken Druse has a garden gift guide? An Ipod that is decorated with crystal? Is everyone at H&H on quaaludes?
Lets start with the refrigerators. Why So Cold, My Proud Beauty made our eyes glaze over with the huge photograph and the endless discussion of the new trend in oversized refrigerators that can fit, what else?... a whole pizza box while they mist your lettuce. This story is clearly not for New Yorkers. This is totally Styles Section.
- New Signpost at Slavery's Crossroads - Here we discover the fascinating story of how Natchez, MI has reclaimed and made peace with its history as the largest slave trading town in the colonies. What does this have to do with House and Home? Shouldn't this be in Escapes or Travel??
- A Child's Holiday Wish: Please Click Here - Children, computers, wishlists for daddy and mommy complete with links to items and stores....... No comment. Circuits anyone?
- Currents - Never dissapoints.
- Under the Tree, Gardener's Little Helpers - Garden gifts. Someone twisted Ken Druse's arm for this.
- Personal Shopper - Go Marianne! This is nice, small tip sheet for three new resources:
- Room & Board is opening at the end of the month in SoHo
- Home Depot opened a second location on UES
- Design Schemes at Home is new in Brooklyn
- Toys in the Attic, and Everywhere Else - Walter Wick, photographer, and his GI-normous home in an old Firehouse in downtown Hartford, CT