Way behind. Getting to H&H this late doesn't mean that it isn't any good, simply that we've been busy. Despite the fact that we feel that the HUGE photo cover is getting to be a bit much, this edition is chock-a-block with valuable resources and inspiration, including the PERFECT H&H article:
- Decor by Timothy Leary
The Dreammachine combines art, furnishings, history, design, science, money and drugs in one place. The only thing missing is sex, but one gets the feeling that isn't far away. See David Woodard to find one.
- Ah, Winter; When Gardeners Get Busy - A fascinating piece about flower breeding
- Behold the Artful Price Tag - Apple's new bid for the downmarket...what gives you the impulse to buy more, hot design or low price?
- Playing to the Wind and the Waves - The Symphonic House designed by David Hanwalt on Lake Michigan is designed around "wind harps" by MASS ensemble
- Story House Tempest in a Coffee Shop - snore... but are "religious" debates like this the sign of things to come? What IS the matter with Kansas?
- Is your Refrigerator Running? So Where's the Chugga-Chugga? - new appliances that signal luxury through silence
- Currents - excellent
- Personal Shopper - one of the best: baby cribs!