This Week H&H cleans out their editorial drawers and tosses up a grab bag of interesting articles (8 in all!). Since we don't want to skew the vote (we got slapped last week), we will leave our review at this:
Check out the lead article, Growing Up Denatured, which we couldn't agree with more. Having been an elementary teacher for 7 years, we have seen this first hand and consider the "naturing" of the children (and adults) as important as healthy food, a beautiful, well organized home and general sanity. The concept of home is much greater than sofa, chair, lamp... it is what we do in that space and how we do it. MGR
- At home with Francine du Plessix Gray: Ms. Gray reveals her home and domestic life on the eave of the release of her memoir, "Them."
- Is Cork Making a Comeback?: Everything you want to know about cork flooring right now, including that it's not a great idea
- A Pied-à-Terre Firmly Planted in the Seine: Talk about Small and Cool! This New Jersey family are living on a barge for 9 months.
- Roses, Playing Well With Garden's Others: Anne Raver takes the week off... a home with garden in New Jersey is "the working laboratory of two obsessed gardeners."
- New Lines With That Hacienda Look: Cristina Saralegui is the new star of the home furnishing market. Why? Because the hispanic market for furniture is growing faster than any other.
- Personal Shopper: Marianne Rohrlich checks out a handful of hip new stores that will also be showing at ICFF
- JUST SCANDINAVIAN 161 Hudson Street (Laight Street), (212) 334-2556
- FRITZ HANSEN
22 Wooster Street (Grand Street), (212) 219-3226
52 Walker Street (Church Street), (212) 925-2235
- TAI PING
860 Broadway (Union Square North), (212) 979-2233
- Designed in Sweden, part of an exhibition called Wow!Design at Felissimo Design House will be on during ICFF from May 11 to June 4
- Liselotte Watkins, an illustrator and rug maker, will be at Design Downtown during ICFF week
- Jason Miller makes mirrors with images in them
- F. Schumacher & Co. has just introduced a collection of wallpapers based on Brooks Brother's ties
- A new line of ergonomic mops, brooms, shovels and rakes from Delta Ergo
- Gauri Nanda designed the "Clocky," an alarm clock runs and hides when the snooze button is pressed!