I came to understand that for all their purported helpfulness, home robots are largely about companionship.
We laughed out loud when the writer takes his robot, Nuvo, to bed and is woken up in the middle of the night when Nuvo activates out of the blue.
- Reviving His Works, On Paper and Plaster:
Faulkner was a home-bug too, spending much of his money on Rowan Oak, his Greek Revival in Mississippi. Good background and pics.
- Wild Things, Domesticated: Anne Raver takes us on a tour of the New England Wildflower Society in Whately, MA.
- When a Cool Dip Isn't Enough: In this Personal Shopper we get an odd assortment of pool accessories, including a beautitul outdoor shower from Rittenhouse.
- In This Neighborhood, Reality TV Falls Short:
This ABC's reality show, "Welcome to the Neighborhood" got cancelled, but the writer takes us to the community where it happened....Circle C Ranch, Texas.
- Test-Driving A Retirement Community (Yes, You Can):
Checking in for a short stay is now an option most communites offer. This is Rose Wegner's story. She is 95.
- I'm in the market for flooring that looks great and can withstand heavy traffic. What do you suggest?
Take off your shoes!! That obvious tip aside, there are a few good suggestions here.
- NOBU 57 is about to open - designed by David Rockwell
- Europebynet.com is a hot new furniture resource
- The Army is revamping their base housing big time in an effort to retain soldiers. These are some of the designs on the boards.
- "Connecting Through Clay: Karatsu Pottery" opens this weekend at Felissimo Design House
- the Giant Wooden Slide at Fairmount Park in Philadelphia reopened yesterday. It was buit in 1905.