All of H&H's writers are obviously visiting the beach. With two lead articles taking place in the Hamptons and one in Los Angeles, everyone is getting out of the city...
- Build Me a Bargain:
At $228,000 Caroline Upcher's Hamptons home is cheap, but - even better - a very attractive take on the modern box. Raul Barreneche always finds interesting stuff out there.
- Flora With a Star in Its Corner:
Rene Russo is for doing away with lawns and growing native grasses. We can't help but think that southern California native grasses look much better than the stuff that grows here year round.
- In a Basement, and Things Are Looking Up:
Fascinating story of life on the 800 acre Shinnecock Indian Reservation in Southhampton
- Countertops with Character:
"I'm in the market for a countertop that is easy to care for and has more character than Formica...."
- Personal Shopper: Outdoor Area Rugs
Great roundup of durable all-weather outdoor solutions for under your feet
- Bloomberg is at MOMA on Tuesday to present the City Art Commission's awards for excellence in design
- Wedgewood has a new Willow pattern by Robert Dawson
- Gustavo Olivieri Antiques is a new shop in the Hamptons at 720 Montauk Highway
- "Shape and Shapers: The Evolution of the Surfboard" at the Design Museum in London
- Magne Magler Wiggen's "Frog" pavillion at Norway's National Gallery