Name: Ruben Sales Bellmunt
Location: El Carmen — Valencia, Spain
Size: 645 square feet
Years lived in: 5 years; Owned
Ruben is an interior designer from Valencia, creating incredible spaces through ephemeral architecture. He decided to buy a house with a lot of light; he found this incredible apartment in the center of the city. He has no doubt it was made for him. He renovated it, but respected the structure.
Finding the perfect materials, the right colors and custom furniture wasn’t easy. This house is a mix of a manly and minimal style. It’s small, but he knows how to simulate a large space through design choices. Big windows create a nice and relaxed place ready to be enjoyed with friends or himself, while looking at calming views of the center of Valencia.
Something that is clear for Ruben is that he likes simple. The house needed to have easy furniture, big windows, light colors. All the doors in the house are sliding for connecting or hiding rooms. Concrete pillars are visible and give a modern and industrial look. This is the house of a man who lives dedicated to architecture, design and art—and who takes all that inspiration to build a beautiful home.
Apartment Therapy Survey
My Style: Urban and relaxed
Inspiration: Minimalist and nordic
Favorite Element: The big windows
What Friends Say: They always say it's amazing, the light that gets in and that it's very quiet despite being in the center of the city.
Biggest Embarrassment: The small room where things pile up on the metal shelves.
Proudest DIY: The bed headrest upholstered by myself.
Biggest Indulgence: Having such a bright space
Best Advice: Don't lose your own style.
PAINT & COLORS
The elements are really important in this tiny home. Off-white paint in walls and ceiling was definitely the best option to give amplitud sensation. Parquet floor in oak finish it's in all the house. And in the kitchen white it's also the predominant color.
- Medicine cabinet from an antiquary in Valencia.
- Monstera plant a give from my mom.
- Impressionist painting from an art gallery from Valencia.
- Ikea lamp.
- TV furniture made by Ideo.
- Carpet from PVC Bolon.
- Coffee table Eclipse de Stua model.
- Grafic art piece from Mompo.
- Engraving of ancient medicine from Madrid flea market.
- Mobile buy in "Fundación Joan March" in Mallorca Island.
- Test tubes from Interior_lab
- Dining table from Ikea.
- Model Ghost chairs from Philippe Starck for Kartell.
- Eames chairs for Vitra.
- Deco from my travels to Morocco.
- Furniture custom made in white for all the kitchen.
- Clock from Nomon.
- Macramé from Simple.
- Frame found on the street.
- Metal shelves from Leroy Merlin.
- Bedside table it's a stool with ass shape model Cul is Cool from ABR.
Send us your own:
→ Share your home with Apartment Therapy: House Tour Submission Form
→ Are you a designer/architect/decorator? Share your residential project: Professional Submission Form.
→ And see all of our past house tours here
Updated daily with fresh tours full of photos for you to pin & enjoy!