Name: Jen Ramos
Location: Henderson, Nevada
Size: 2,200 square feet | 4.5 bedrooms, 2.5 baths
Years lived in: 2.5 years
We've admired the cards and creative designs by Jen Ramos of Made By Girl for a while now. Aside from her online shop, she maintains a blog full of colorful design ideas for the home. When we were visiting friends in Las Vegas a few weeks ago, we contacted Jen and she graciously accepted our invitation to do a House Tour. Moving from New York a few years ago, Jen wanted to carry her bohemian and eclectic design aesthetic to the desert landscape and style of her new home.
Apartment Therapy Survey:
Our style: Bohemian chic meets vintage with lots of color!
Inspiration: Selina Lake's book "Bazaar Style".
Favorite Element: My white French Provincial sofa.
Biggest Challenge: Trying to make my style fit into a Las Vegas tract house.
What Friends Say: They usually say they like it and that it's different.
Biggest Embarrassment: The all over rug that came with the home.
Proudest DIY: Our patio re-do.
Biggest Indulgence: The white sofa in my home!
Best Advice: 'You can do it all, little by little"
- Home Depot
- Yellow/white fainting sofa in office by Urban Outfitters
- White french provincial sofa bought on Craigslist for $125 & re-upholstered
- White wooden top 6 chair dining table - local consignment shop
- Office chairs - officechairs.com
- Black & white wing back chair - Pier 1 Imports
- ' I love you, Blogs & Coffee' screen print from my own shop (madebygirl.com)
- Wooden Deer Head - Hart & Heim
- Frames Clock - Dutch by Design
- All mirrors - Ebay
- Cushions - Anthropologie, Pier 1 Imports
- Kitchen nook Finley Pendant Lamp - Crate & Barrel
Rugs, Carpets, Flooring:
- Kitchen Nook Carpet - Zig Zag Rug by West Elm
- Master bedroom paint - Turet Stair by Ralph Lauren
- Office paint - Mercer by Ralph Lauren
- In master bedroom - Malm king size bed IKEA
- In guest bedroom - DIY Headboard & Platform bed
- Romeo and Juliet - I painted
- Beatles prints in master bedroom from eBay