Name: Laura D.
Location: Oak Park
Size: 1250 sf., 2 bedroom condo, built in 1928
Years lived in: 3, but currently on the market as I'm moving out to LA this fall
Laura in Oak Park is just about ready to trade her near west Chicago home life for the real West: she is LA-bound. What better way to pay homage to the hard work and dedication that has made her home a dreamy design experiment? With a designer's eye and a love of vintage pieces,
2. The Inspiration for my home: Nothing in particular - I get inspiration from so many things. Books, old movies, art, a ton of nature and animals.
3. Favorite element: Probably my books and random collection of animals scattered through out the place. I like the fact that it's a comfortable and fun place to hang around in.
4. Biggest Challenge in designing my home: The too tight of a budget
5. What Friends Say about my home: They like the little things - the surprises.
6. Biggest Embarrassment in my home: I have a great pair of early 70's deco chairs that need to be refinished and re-upholstered but am waiting till after the move.
7. Proudest DIY: I actually papered the dining room.
8. Biggest Indulgence with respect to my home: Definitely the kitchen
9. Best Advice given or received: Purchase what you love, but make sure it works within a plan and edit, edit, edit.....
10. Dream Source for stuff: Gotta love 1st Dibs
Mostly all vintage - picked up through random places:
e-bay, vintage stores, auctions......
Sofa is Barbara Barry
Desk in Office is Ikea
Again, mostly all vintage
Yep, .... Mostly vintage
The horse lamps in the bedroom are Jonathan Adler
The sconces in the living room are Thomas Pheasant
Benjamin Moore - custom colors I matched
Ebony stained wood
Rugs and Carpets
Sisal squares in kitchen - Flor
Rug in bedroom: CB2
Tiles and Stone
Kitchen and Bath: Bianco Carrera marble
LR - Conrad shade
All other shades: Fabric I purchased at the Mart
A mix of custom and Ralph Lauren linens
All of it's vintage with the exception of a print in the office that I picked up at Etsy.
(All photos by Laura. Thanks!)