Name: Pamela Salzman
Location: Manhattan Beach, California
Size: 3,850 square feet
Years lived in: 9 years; Custom built, designed and own
When I was invited to shoot Pamela Salzman's gorgeous home in Manhattan Beach, I jumped at the opportunity. She and her family love living in this incredible two-story home equipped with a kitchen to die for!
Pamela is an established food blogger who offers incredible recipes through cooking classes and custom-designed menus for one-on-one clients. She enjoys a local supply of farmers' market-fresh produce and seasonal whole foods that are consciously grown and ethically prepared. Her home base kitchen is gorgeous and offers so much inspiration...who wouldn't want to cook here? It's the most essential part of their home. Pamela says, "The kitchen, which is the hub of a home, and access to natural light and ventilation. We love our kitchen because it connects to the outside and almost feels like a sun room."
The home itself is a picturesque beach house decorated with comfortable, warm hues and cozy textures. "The weather in Los Angeles and in Manhattan Beach in particular makes enjoying the outdoors part of our design makeup!"
Apartment Therapy Survey:
Our Style: Traditional with a contemporary flair
Inspiration: East Coast beach
Favorite Element: Family room mantel
Biggest Challenge: Teeny tiny yard
What Friends Say: "It’s so charming!"
Biggest Embarrassment: The dining room table — we bought it just to have something until we found “the one,” and we still have it 9 years later. Lame.
Proudest DIY: My potted herbs on the patio
Biggest Indulgence: Vintage stereo
Best Advice: If you don’t love it, let it go.
Dream Sources: Garde, Creative Environments, Lawson-Fenning, South Bay Green
PAINT & COLORS
- Farrow & Ball Cornforth White
- Console table: vintage
- Etching: Rotherhithe by Whistler, 1860
- Other etchings and prints: by Picasso, Saul Bass, Raymond Loewy, Vlaminck, William Krisel, and Neiman
- Stereo: Clairtone Project G 1963 Console Stereo Turntable
- Walnut bar cart: vintage (1962)
- Persian rug: vintage
- Painting: Hauling in the Nets by Jules Breton, 1872
- Wes Anderson Faces Print Series: by Phil Gibson
- David Klein TWA Miami print: vintage
- Wave polyptych photograph: by Tom Servais
- Pedestal table: Crate & Barrel
- Chairs: 1960s vintage teak
- Rosewood and leather island stools: custom Thomas Hayes
- Chair: Design Within Reach
- Towels and robe: Waterworks
- Chandelier: vintage from a flea market in Paris
- Coffee table: custom Paul Ferrrante
- Leather chair: Jean de Merry
- Nesting tables: Danish
Send us your own:
→ Share your home with Apartment Therapy: House Tour Submission Form
→ Are you a designer/architect/decorator? Share your residential project: Professional Submission Form.
→ And see all of our past house tours here
Updated daily with fresh tours full of photos for you to pin & enjoy!