While we're on the subject of moving and setting up home this month, we thought we'd touch on housewarming gifts, too. Chances are, you know someone setting up a new place to live this season. A few tips and gift ideas that are sure to be appreciated in any new home...
- Beware of buying decor items unless you know the receiver very well or know of a particular item they plan to purchase for themselves. When housewarming gifts dictate decor (think bed covers, rugs, pillows), you may be pinning the new homeowner in rather than helping them out.
- Neutral items like picture frames or candles may seem safe, but for that same reason, the new homeowner may likely receive lots of stuff like this. You don't want to add to their huge stockpile of unused picture frames.
- Gifts that are useful and special at the same time are best. Think of things you would love to use in your home but aren't likely to splurge on for yourself.
- A few ideas:
• 1 Out-of-the ordinary tea towels in a print they would appreciate, like this Mid Century Chairs tea towel by Grace and Go, from Look! Our Favorite 6 Modern Tea Towels
• 2 Fun serving trays that don't dictate decor but add a punch when entertaining, like these Marimekko Serving Trays
• 3 Special items for stocking their pantry, like this walnut oil, these glass storage containers, or this lavender sea salt
• 4 Method cleaning products, which can be purchased in pre-packaged kits, like their Summer Cleaning Kit in Pink Grapefruit