We like traditional, symbolic gifts. While not exciting in their own right, each item is a wish we hope for them:
- Bread: to stave off hunger.
- Salt: for a flavourful life.
- A Broom: to sweep away trouble. They should leave it behind when they move again; it’s bad luck to take it with you. Or go modern and include a dustbuster.
- A Bottle of Wine: for joy. Champagne works too! Yeah new house!
- A Candle: to banish bad karma. Now that living in LA's rubbed off on us, we sometimes throw in a bundle of sage.
- A shiny new coin: to bring luck and prosperity.
- A Jar of Honey or a Bowl of Sugar: so the new house really is home, sweet home.
- A Bouquet: with an odd number of flowers, for beauty and abundance. For someone with a green thumb and a garden, we might sub out a plant.
- Housewarming Gift Idea
- Our Best Moving Tips
- Bowl Baskets by Amy Adams
- 6 Imprintable Invitations for Your Housewarming Party
[Image from LA House Tour: Gregory’s Palm Springs in the Suburbs]