Last night, we stopped in to see a friend in her new home. It was an unexpected visit so we’d left their gift at home. We’ll bring it the next time we visit them and ensure they have the best of luck there. After the jump, what we fill our gift basket with...
We like traditional, symbolic gifts. While not exciting in their own right, each item is a wish we hope for them:
- Bread: to stave off hunger.
- Salt: for a flavourful life.
- A Broom: to sweep away trouble. They should leave it behind when they move again; it’s bad luck to take it with you. Or go modern and include a dustbuster.
- A Bottle of Wine: for joy. Champagne works too! Yeah new house!
- A Candle: to banish bad karma. Now that living in LA's rubbed off on us, we sometimes throw in a bundle of sage.
- A shiny new coin: to bring luck and prosperity.
- A Jar of Honey or a Bowl of Sugar: so the new house really is home, sweet home.
- A Bouquet: with an odd number of flowers, for beauty and abundance. For someone with a green thumb and a garden, we might sub out a plant.
- Housewarming Gift Idea
- Our Best Moving Tips
- Bowl Baskets by Amy Adams
- 6 Imprintable Invitations for Your Housewarming Party
[Image from LA House Tour: Gregory’s Palm Springs in the Suburbs]