Approach your apartment search the same way you approach your search for love and you may just get.. ahem..lucky. How do you know when you've found the one? It's just a feeling.
- Every time a potential new listing pops up, you get a little too excited. You can't help but imagine how your stuff will look like in there. You can't stop daydreaming and doodling the address in your margins.
- When your phone beeps, your heart starts to race because it could be from the realtor!
- You can't help but indulge in some internet stalking about the neighborhood, the building history, the amenities.
- Even though it's out of your way, you do a casual late-night drive-by before your actual tour time (and just pray the lights are on and the curtains are open).
- You show up early to your appointment but wait in the car until you're just a little bit late.
- If the photos don't match the reality, you're secretly crushed but try to power through your disappointment. Nod and smile.
- Your long ambitious list of wants is slowly shrinking into a practical list of deal breakers.
- When you do see a place that you think juuust might work, you leave feeling oddly exhilarated but also inexplicably terrified that it won't work out.
- When you get the call that your application was approved, you silently do a happy dance.
- You show up on moving day with excitement and tredpidation; you're committed now whether you like it or not.
- The honeymoon period is just as wonderful as you remember — your sofa looks so amazing with those hardwood floors! You buy new curtains and keep your kitchen spotlessly clean.
- Slowly, flaws start to emerge. Was the bathroom drain always that slow? You didn't realize the sun would be quite so bright every.single.morning.
- You begin to settle in and get really comfortable. It took you long enough but you're finally home.
Sound familiar? Know what you (really) want and where to look and you'll be a winner in real estate and in love. We promise.