We confess, Austin normally has gorgeous weather — the kind of weather perfect for relaxing on porches and decks. We found ourselves on a friend's beautiful screened-in porch this weekend, only we experienced some uncharacteristic rain! Though some of our friend's furniture was shielded by the rain, many cushions, pillows and electronics had to be taken in. It got us to wondering...
Firstly, if you have an outdoor space, what sort of furniture do you have? Do you choose whatever you love, or do you avoid upholstered pieces for obvious reasons? When there's inclement weather, how do you protect your outdoor furniture? Do you bring it in anytime it rains, or do you leave it out there to weather naturally? Share any outdoor furniture secrets you've discovered!
Don't have any outdoor furniture secrets to share because you don't have any outdoor furniture yet? Here are some previous Apartment Therapy posts for inspiration:
- Before and After: Pallets Used For Outdoor Furniture
- 100% Recycled Plastic Outdoor Furniture by Room & Board
- Plain Air Outdoor Furniture
- How To: Make DIY Outdoor Furniture Water Sealant
- How To: Clean Patio Furniture
- Look! Bling Out Your Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Furniture for Less
posted originally from: AT:LA