Design writer Cate St. Hill lives in a London flat that boasts a beautiful aesthetic she describes as "a light and relaxed style that's one part Scandi and one part French, with a blend of old and new." Let's explore how much (approximately!) it would cost to recreate her lovely living room in our very own homes.
RESOURCES & PRICES (converted from GBP to USD)
- Stool: Alvar Aalto Stool 60 from artek $285.00
- Vintage armchair: eBay $?
- Linen curtains: IKEA Aina $59.99
- Light: Eileen Gray Tube Light from Aram $588.94
- Coffee table: Kilo from Habitat $57.03
- Rug: Urban Outfitters (discontinued) ~$169
- Sofa: IKEA Karlstad $397.76
- Vintage lamp: market $?
- Floral cushion: vintage $?
- Diamond cushion: Andshine $28.51
- Dark grey cushion: H&M 2 x $9.99 = $19.98
- Orange blanket: The French House (now closed) $?
- Letters: vintage $?
- Wire tray: vintage $?
- Concrete plant holder: Future and Found $12.83
- Vintage Ercol chair: market $?
- Cushion on chair: 99.80 $67.72
- Trolley: Habitat (discontinued) $?
- Shelf: String Pocket from Skandium $155.40
- Clamp light: Wrong For Hay Noc Light from Nest $132.09
- Poster frame: Aluminus from Habitat $35.64
- Poster: Skoob Books $13.90
(not including chair, lamp, cushion, blanket, letters, tray, or trolley)
Friendly reminder: This is our best approximation of what this room would cost to recreate and is not in any way an accurate accounting of what the resident(s) actually paid. We have no way of knowing what role discount codes, gift cards, employee discounts, gifts, hand-me-downs, heirlooms, sales, sample sales, etc. played in the final cost—and it's none of our business! But it sure is fun to do some fantasy shopping and budgeting...