Even the particularly design-savvy among us might not know the going rate for certain models of Wegner or van der Rohe, but it might be worth your while to find out. Here are 10 vintage chairs that can fetch a pretty penny and (who knows?) might be sitting in your house right now...
You can see the whole list at Lushpad (found via shelterrific). We were surprised by some of the values of items that we swear we've seen on Craigslist or at flea markets for much less. Of course, the values listed here are for items in great condition, and these iconic shapes have also inspired a lot of impostors out in the world, so don't go laughing all the way to the bank just yet. For the complete list, click here.
- Jean Prouvé, The Standard Chair, Model No. 305 worth $4,800
- Hans Wegner, Folding Chair, Model 512 worth $22,800
- Finn Juhl, Delegate's Armchair worth $6,000
- Gio Ponti, Cassina Lounge Chairs worth $22,000
- Hans Wegner, Valet Chair worth $20,000
- Mies van der Rohe, MR20 chair by Thonet worth $19,890
See more here.
Image: Wright 20th Century