As tech savvy design lovers, Unplggd authors and readers alike feel the pain of having expensive cravings for high design and high tech. How much money do we spend on technology and electronics, and is there such a thing as too much?
Disposable income is on the rise in America, although higher prices could easily eat up the difference. The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) estimates spending will reach almost 1 trillion dollars in 2011. They found that men spent almost $1,000 per year on electronics, with household spending around $1,400.
You can use a disposable income calculator to figure out how much you can spend, but that doesn't mean it's how much you should spend. So let us know what your tech budget is, and at what point you decide that it's too much.
Tech Budgeting in the Unplggd Archives:
- Was It Worth It?: The Real Cost of Your Tech Purchase
- Tech Wants: Managing Your Desires Within A Budget
- Tips For Staying on Budget With Tech
- Tech Desires: What Should You Buy & Save For?
- Spend On This, Skimp On This
- How Much Should You Budget For Fun Tech Splurges?
- How To: Avoid Buying Tech You Don't Need
- The Secrets to Becoming a Money Saving Tech-pert
- How Much Do Your State's Residents Spend On Tech?