...Knock on wood, that is. We hope those two weren't just scout ants paving the way for the rest of their friends.
• We trimmed back vines that were touching our house.
• We wash dishes right away.
• We keep all food (except fruit that shouldn't be refrigerated) in our fridge. Even dry dog food.
• We wipe up spilled water after our dog drinks from the water dish.
• We have an AntPro Bait Station Kit.
• And yes, we hate to admit it, but we do have toxic ant stakes in the ground around our cottage (the shame, the shame!).