We were typing away this morning and twice, out of nowhere, we suddenly found an ant crawling on us. We're so glad it was just a single ant. (Well, two single ants.) Last year we had several instances where we were completely overwhelmed with ants, but since then we've tried a lot of things that didn't work, and a few that did...
...Knock on wood, that is. We hope those two weren't just scout ants paving the way for the rest of their friends.
• We trimmed back vines that were touching our house.
• We wash dishes right away.
• We keep all food (except fruit that shouldn't be refrigerated) in our fridge. Even dry dog food.
• We wipe up spilled water after our dog drinks from the water dish.
• We have an AntPro Bait Station Kit.
• And yes, we hate to admit it, but we do have toxic ant stakes in the ground around our cottage (the shame, the shame!).