Title: How to add vertical office space using cheap room dividers
Time: 4 hours, including a walk to the bakery with my daughter and cooking dinner
Common conundrum for small space dwellers with home offices: where to put all our "stuff". Unplggd reader Aileen tackled this problem with a $25 solution which optimized her work space (and afforded her a trip to the bakery, while at it!) by looking up! Click above for the pics and head below for all the instructions. Give Ailene a THUMBS UP if you find this project helpful....
- 3 pieces of peg board (cut to your dimensions)
- 2 pieces of ceiling paneling (cut to your dimensions)
- 4 1.25" screws
- 6 1" screws
- Hand drill
- Peg board hooks
- Paper organizers
- Some left-over house paint
We had moved our office into our living room when our daughter was born. I've been meaning to do this for 10 months, so thanks for the kick in the butt!
- Measure the panels to determine what size pieces of peg board and ceiling panels you'll need.
- Purchase panels (thank you Crafty Beaver in Chicago, for the great ceiling panel idea!)
- Hang three peg board pieces, using two screws at top of each panel. Make sure to screw into a secure part of the screen frame.
- Paint ceiling panels, if desired. The paint helped seal in the dusty edges of the panels, though I am sure you could us fabric or cork too.
- Hang ceiling panels onto frames, using two screws at top of each panel.
- Using peg board hooks, hang everything you can get your hands on!
Room dividers -- thrift store find Peg board and ceiling panels -- Crafty Beaver, Chicago, IL
Give Ailene a THUMBS UP if you find this project helpful....