Browsing the Natural Curtain Company's site the other day, we spotted a pretty comprehensive article about curtain care and cleaning. If you own cotton, wool, silk, or linen curtains, click below to find out how to keep them looking their best...
A few of their tips:
- Curtains aren't usually preshrunk or color-guarded.
- Because of this, machine washing can change their appearance.
- Cotton can be machine washed, but wrinkles easily and requires ironing.
- Wool can be washed, but should also be dry-cleaned every once in a while.
- Linen may or may not be machine washable. Double-check the care instructions.
- Washing or steam-cleaning can ruin some fabrics, such as silk.
- Water-sensitive curtains should be professionally cleaned to avoid damage.
- Clean curtains at the most once a season, or at the least once a year.